Direct Access to Barristers
Everyone is aware that Barristers are experts in the law but did you know that you can now go straight to the expert without the need to detour via a Solicitor?
Since 2004 it has been possible for anyone to go to a Barrister directly without the need for an intermediate Solicitor through the Direct Public Access ("DPA") scheme.
Direct2barrister is part of Becket Chambers which is a long established Barristers Chambers with offices in Canterbury and Maidstone, who offer a wide range of specialisations and have expert knowledge of the Courts and Tribunals of Kent, London and across the South East.
Becket Chambers have a number of Barristers who have been trained and accredited to accept Direct Public Access work and would be able to give legal advice, draft documents, letters and represent you at Court, Tribunals or other formal meetings. There are a number of advantages to this:
- No need to instruct a solicitor therefore saving costs.
- You are able to choose who will advise or represent you.
- Access to expert legal advice in a wide variety of different areas of law.
- Representation at Court or Tribunal hearings and at any other formal meeting.
- Assistance if your company needs to bring its contracts or employment procedures (e.g. sickness, equality, grievance and disciplinary procedures) up to date; you can ask a specialist employment Barrister to review your existing documentation or to draft new ones tailored to the needs and nature of your business and its specific employment requirements.
- A Barrister would be able to advise on the merits of any potential or ongoing claim, a particular point of law or a clause in a lease or contract.
- If you have a Court hearing coming up you can seek advice from a Barrister as to your chances of success and the value of any claim, what, if any, offers of settlement you should make or accept, and what witnesses to call; of course, the Barrister would also be able to represent you at the hearing.
University Road, Canterbury,
Kent, CT2 7FG.